General Tax Information Frequently asked questions:
- When do summer bills come out and when are they due?
First week of July, due Sept. 14th
- When do winter bills come out and are they due?
First week of December, due February 14th
- Can we pay online or over the phone?
Not at this time
- Can we pay with credit or debit cards?
Not at this time
- Do you accept postmarks?
NO nor are we responsible for the mailing system delivery
- Is there a drop box?
YES at the front of the building
- Can we submit one check for both late summer tax and winter tax?
NO, separate checks for each season
- Can we submit one check for multiple parcels?
Yes, reference all parcel/property tax #’s
- Do you send receipts?
No, we do not send receipts
- How do we get receipts?
Include a self-addressed stamped envelope or pay at the office
- Can we pay late summer bills there?
Yes, interest accumulates monthly..call for amount due
- Can we pay late winter bills there?
Yes, penalty applies..call for amount due
- What is the last day a payment can be received?
- When do taxes go delinquent to the county?
- Whom do we contact to make delinquent tax payments?
Berrien County Treasurer 269-983-7111 ext. 8569
- Do you have a senior citizen discount/exemption?
- There is an application for deferment of taxes (a couple extra months to pay w/o interest) but strict in whom qualifies, click the following link for more details: http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/
- Do you get discount for early payment?
- What happens with over-payments?
Refund will be made to party issuing the check
- What happens with double-payments?
The 2nd payment received will either be returned or refunded
- Do you accept partial payments?
Yes, at the discretion of the treasurer, unpaid amounts are still subject to interest/penalty/delinquency
- When will we see a refund?
Within approximately four weeks but no later than the end of February
- How do I submit an address change?
Fill in appropriate box on stub of tax bill or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I change ownership name there?
No Contact Register of Deeds office
- Can I delete a deceased owner there?
No Contact Register of Deeds office Register of Deeds phone 269-983-7111 ext 8562
- Can I add a “in care of” name there?
- Do you have extended office hours?
Yes, we're open until 5:00 on last business day in December and February for tax collection purposes only
To view your taxes, click here (you cannot pay online, only view information)