Out of an abundance of caution and the attempt to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Township offices are closed to the public to protect it's residents and employees. We are available to you by mail, phone and email. Please use our online bill pay option for payments or use our drop box located in front of the building. Mail and items left in our drop box will continue to be collected and checked.
Call us at 469-1011 for more information. Check our Facebook page for updates also.
Short Term Rentals are not permitted under the Governor's Executive Order 2020-96 except to critical infrastructure workers. Therefore, not allowed in the Township.
To report a Short Term Rental that is renting to someone other than a critical infrastructure worker, while the Governor's Executive Order is in place, can call 269-469-1011 extension 121 or go to http://www.berriencounty.org/FormCenter/Sheriffs-Department-7/Tip-Form-48
Here's a link to the Governor' current executive orders: https://www.michigan.gov/whitm...
Township parks are closed until June 12th.
If you have a water or sewer service related question or problem call 269-231-5250.
To apply for a Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing permit while the offices are closed to the public:
Go to our website and click Resources > Permits. Mail or drop application in our drop box located in front of the Township Hall with payment. If you have questions please call 469-3112 and leave a message with a call back number. Review and issuance of permit will be completed as normal and a copy will be mailed to you.
Construction companies must follow an additional 11 safety measures to combat the spread of COVID-19:
1. Designate a site-specific supervisor to monitor and oversee COVID-19 control strategies. They must be on-site at all times.
2. Conduct daily screenings, including a questionnaire for symptoms of and exposure to COVID-19 and, if possible, a temperature screening. Companies should document and keep responses to the questionnaire and any temperatures taken.
3. Create dedicated entry points for the daily screening. If this is not possible, issue indicators each day to show workers have received screening before entering the worksite.
4. Require masks or face shields for workers that cannot consistently be 6 or more feet apart.
5. Provide instructions for distributing personal protective equipment and designate a location on-site for used masks.
6. Encourage or require use of gloves to prevent skin contact with contaminated or frequently touched surfaces.
7. Control access to identified choke points or high risk areas (areas where workers must be near each other, like a hallway or break room) and control access to and use of the area.
8. Provide sufficient hand-washing or hand-sanitizing stations.
9. Subcontractors should notify the contractor of any confirmed COVID-19 workers at the worksite. Contractors should notify the owners.
10. Restrict movement between project sites.
11. Create protocols for minimizing personal contract for deliveries to the worksite.
Do you need help with mortgage payments?
Cornerstone Alliance, the Berrien Community Foundation and the Southwest Michigan Tourist Council have created important tool for Covid-19 support.
Are you a business effected by COVID-19?
Cornerstone Alliance is offering three tools to assist you: 1. Small business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loans (federal), 2. Michigan Economic Development Small Business Relief Program grants and loans (state), 3. Cornerstone Alliance Microloan Program (local).
Go to https://cstonealliance.org/ or call 269-757-0201 for more information.
Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We will keep updating information as this ongoing health issue continues.